Fretboard Skills 101
Develop more confidence as guitar player
About Fretboard Skills 101
Level: Lower Intermediate and above
What if you could start to become fluid and comfortable in all positions of the guitar in six weeks? Can you imagine what it would be like to have the confidence to get up at a jam session secure in the knowledge that that you had mastered the fretboard? Fretboard Skills 101 finally teaches you the fretboard and chord vocabulary skills you need AND gives you the personalized feedback you want.
Want more information? Not sure if this is the right course for you? Email us directly with specific questions about what you want to learn!
Fretboard Skills 101 will take you from being stuck in a rut to systematically building your chord vocabulary, so that you can play most songs. How do we do this? With personalized feedback from an experienced ICMP teacher.
Once you have completed this step-by-step, interactive video instruction course, you too will know how to master the guitar fretboard. You’ll learn how to build your own lick library across the instrument.
You’ll no longer feel unfulfilled, frustrated and blocked with your guitar skills because you’ll know the fretboard inside out.
Imagine what it would be like to have the confidence to get up at a jam session secure in the knowledge that the music flows freely from your fingers.
But how do you actually do it?
That’s exactly what you’re about to learn on this Experience course. ICMP teaches Blues Guitar as a craft, not just as a series of tricks and licks. It sounds like cliché, but it’s true.
That’s why “hot licks” alone just aren’t enough. Guitarists who are serious about learning the guitar must know the fretboard and their chord vocabulary, and more times than not it means understanding the fundamentals.
This comprehensive course is a partnership between two leaders in music learning, Pete Whittard and ICMP ONLINE. The course author is Pete Whittard, a renown guitar teacher and long-time contributor to Total Guitar and Guitar Techniques magazines. You will also be guided through your course with your own ICMP ONLINE blues guitar teacher in the weekly 121 lessons and group classes.
ICMP has been one of the world’s leading providers of contemporary music education for the past 30 years with over 1,000 part-time, degree and masters students studying at its London campus each year. Find out more about ICMP here.
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 2: Note Finding
- Lesson 3: Introduction to CAGED System
- Lesson 4: Major Pentatonic
- Lesson 5: Major Pentatonic Licks
- Lesson 1: Cycle of 5ths
- Lesson 2: Four Types of Triad
- Lesson 3: Major Chords in One Position
- Lesson 4: Major Pentatonic Scales in One Position
- Lesson 5: More Major Pentatonic Licks
- Lesson 1: Dominant 7th Chords
- Lesson 2: Dominant 7th Chord Moves
- Lesson 3: Minor CAGED chords
- Lesson 4: The Minor Pentatonic
- Lesson 5: Minor Pentatonic Licks
- Lesson 1: Dominant 7th Arpeggios
- Lesson 2: Major 7th Chords
- Lesson 3: Major Scales in CAGED
- Lesson 4: Quick Change 12 Bar
- Lesson 5: Exercises
- Lesson 1: Arpeggiator using Dominant Arpeggios
- Lesson 2: Major 7th Arpeggios
- Lesson 3: Moving between Minor Pentatonic Scales
- Lesson 4: Superchops
- Lesson 5: Exercises
- Lesson 1: Minor 7th Chords
- Lesson 2: m7b5 Chords
- Lesson 3: Superimposing Arpeggios
- Lesson 4: Minor Blues Scales
- Lesson 5: Major Blues Scales
- Lesson 6: Building Technique and Expanding Ideas
THE CAGED SYSTEM
In this video Pete Whittard talks about the CAGED system for guitar.
In this video Pete Whittard continues by exploring minor pentatonics.
FRETBOARD SKILLS FAQ
In this video Peter Whittard answers frequently asked question about the fretboard skills course.
Personalised 1-on-1 online instruction
1st June 2016 Enroll Now
- Private personalized 1-on-1 video lessons with an ICMP teacher.
- Personalized lesson plan
- 6 Week online course including HD videos and support materials
- Live online group workshops with your fellow students
- Student discussion forum
- Download all course materials
- Completion certificate
Course author Pete Whittard will also be your online course tutor providing you with personalized feedback over the six weeks. Pete was a long-time contributor/journalist for Total Guitar and Guitar Techniques magazine for whom he interviewed Joe Satriani, John Mayer and Steve Lukather amongst many others. He has also written a number of guitar transcription books. He was recently awarded Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Over the 30 years we have been teaching, we have earned a reputation for quality, excellence and success. Your investment is protected by our 30-day guarantee, so you can try an ICMP ONLINE course risk-free.