Earn $1K from Music
Learn how to make money from your music
About Earn $1K from Music
Subject: Music Business
Level: Beginner and above
What if you could make money from your music in six weeks or less? Are you curious about understanding how each of the different music income streams work? Do you have a albums, live shows and other music projects that never seem to sell? Earn $1K from Music finally teaches you the music business skills you need AND gives you the personalized feedback you want.
Want more information? Not sure if this is the right course for you? Email us directly with specific questions about what you want to learn!
Earn $1K from Music will take you from your music being ignored to actually generating an income from it. How do we do this? With personalized feedback from an experienced ICMP songwriting teacher.
Earn $1K from Music (a.k.a. how to make money from your music), has been designed and developed by artist manager and record label owner James Taylor.
Once you have completed this step-by-step, interactive course, you too will know how to create new income streams from your music. You’ll also learn how to create successful album, tour and crowdfunding campaigns from scratch.
You’ll no longer feel unfulfilled, frustrated and ignored as a creative music artist or songwriter. Making a living from something you love will be part of your thing, because you’ll know how to create and structure launch campaigns for your music projects.
Imagine what it would feel like to be able to get your music heard by others (while also generating you an income)?
But how do you actually do it?
How do you take your idea and REALLY make it into a success whether that just producing a little side income or having hits.
That’s exactly what you’re about to learn on this Experience course. ICMP teaches you to think strategically about how you build your income streams as a music artist or songwriter, we don’t just offer some tricks and tips. It may sound like a cliche, but understanding how each of the different music income streams work will give you an edge.
Music artists and songwriters who are serious about learning the music business must know how to successfully create, plan, campaign and communicate in today’s fast-changing music industry.
This course will increase your music income streams and help you build your music career.
The course author is James Taylor, an innovative music marketing strategist, artist manager and record label owner. You will also be guided through your course with your own ICMP ONLINE music business teacher in the weekly 121 lessons and group classes.
ICMP has been one of the world’s leading providers of contemporary music education for the past 30 years with over 1,000 part-time, degree and masters students studying at its London campus each year. Find out more about ICMP here.
What You’re About To Discover In This Experience Course:
- The ten top income streams for music artists and songwriters and which is right for you.
- Gain an understanding of how the numbers break down for each income stream so you can quickly achieve your music income goal
- Learn about music marketing so you can promote your music projects better.
- How to develop a relationship with your fans so you can sell more music and harness your network.
- Using ‘Launches’ to promote your recordings, live shows, songwriting, music teaching and other music projects.
- Never lack for an audience that wants to buy everything your release.
- The step-by-step framework that top music marketers use to create excitement around their music artists.
- Discover the power of the direct to fan relationship.
- Learn the eight point strategy for building a successful live performing career.
- Plan out your next record release to give you the highest chance of hitting your goals.
- Find out the different ways you can self-release your music and the numbers behind them.
- How to use video to sell your songs, your shows and yourself.
- Harness the power of bundling to increase your income from the various music streams.
- Learn how to add jet fuel to your marketing by planning publicity stunts.
- Discover how to fund your next music project using the power of crowdfunding.
- Find out if crowdfunding is right for you and which platforms will fit you best.
- Discover the secrets of why so many crowdfunding campaigns fail so you can increase your chances of hitting your funding goals.
- Ensure that your crowdfunding campaign is a hit by understanding the different components of a successful crowdfunding project.
Module 1: Making Money from Music
- Lesson 1: Unit 1 Intro
- Lesson 2: The Ten Ways Music Artists Make Money
- Lesson 3: Deciding Upon Your Income Strategy
- Lesson 4: Creating Your 1-Page Business Plan
- Lesson 5: What Gets Measured Gets Done
- Lesson 6: Music Marketing – A Primer
- Lesson 7: Unit 1 – Recap
- Lesson 1: Your Strategy – Intro
- Lesson 2: Why Fans Buy
- Lesson 3: Launches
- Lesson 4: Pre-Launch Sequences
- Lesson 5: Launch Sequences
- Lesson 6: Post-Launch Sequences
- Lesson 7: The D2F Relationship
- Lesson 8: Your Strategy – Recap
Module 3: Getting Gigs
- Lesson 1: Getting Gigs – Intro
- Lesson 2: Eight Point Strategy
- Lesson 3: Promoter Psychology
- Lesson 4: Tactics: Building Your List
- Lesson 5: Tactics: Campaigning Like A Pro
- Lesson 6: Tactics: The Offer
- Lesson 7: Examples: Pre-Launch Campaigning
- Lesson 8: Examples: Launch Campaigning
- Lesson 9: Examples: Post-Launch Campaigning
- Lesson 10: Getting Gigs – Recap
Module 4: Gigs & Recording
- Lesson 1: Gigs and Recording – Intro
- Lesson 2: Do You Need An Agent?
- Lesson 3: Case Study 1
- Lesson 4: Case Study 2
- Lesson 5: Planning Your Record Release
- Lesson 6: Record Distribution
- Lesson 7: Using Video To Sell Your Album
- Lesson 8: Your Launch Plan – Part 1
- Lesson 9: Gigs and Recording – Recap
Module 5: Recording
- Lesson 1: Recording – Intro
- Lesson 2: Bundling
- Lesson 3: Pre-Launch Campaigns for Recordings
- Lesson 4: Choosing Your Distributor
- Lesson 5: Preparing Your Media Outreach
- Lesson 6: The Publicity Stunt
- Lesson 7: Launch Campaigns for Recordings
- Lesson 8: Successful Album Launches
- Lesson 9: Launch Plan – Part 2
- Lesson 10: Recording – Recap
Module 6: Crowdfunding
- Lesson 1: Crowdfunding – Recap
- Lesson 2: The Pros and Cons of Crowdfunding
- Lesson 3: Is Crowdfunding Right For Me?
- Lesson 4: Assessing Different Platforms
- Lesson 5: Crowdfunding Components
- Lesson 6: Pre-Launch Crowdfunding Campaigns
- Lesson 7: Launch Crowdfunding Campaigns
- Lesson 8: Post-Launch Crowdfunding Campaigns
- Lesson 9: Why Crowdfunding Campaigns Fail
- Lesson 10: Crowdfunding and Course Recap
TOTAL MUSICIAN BLUEPRINT
In this video James Taylor cover the ten different income streams for music artists and songwriters.
GET MORE GIGS
In this video James Taylor continues with the subject of how to build your live music career through campaigning.
WRITING A SONG YOU ARE PROUD OF
In this video James Taylor and Pete Whittard answer some of the most frequently asked questions on making a living from your music.
Personalised 1-on-1 online instruction
1st October 2016 Enroll Now
- Private personalized 1-on-1 video lessons with an ICMP teacher.
- Personalized lesson plan
- 6 Week online course including HD videos and support materials
- Live online group workshops with your fellow students
- Student discussion forum
- Download all course materials
- Completion certificate
James Taylor is an innovating marketing strategist who advises leading technology, publishing, online education, music and media brands internationally. Artists and brands James has worked with or advised include Sony Entertainment, Universal, Yamaha, BMG, Bang & Olufsen, Deacon Blue, Martin Taylor (Jeff Beck, Stephane Grappelli), Billy Cobham (Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock), Luis Conte (Madonna, Phil Collins), Tommy Emmanuel (Eric Clapton, Chet Atkins), John Patitucci (Chick Corea, Wynton Marsalis), Bryan Sutton (Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift), and Nathan East (Michael Jackson, Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder). In addition to holding a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) James has studied marketing and innovation at the Richard Ivey Business School.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Over the 30 years we have been teaching, we have earned a reputation for quality, excellence and success. Your investment is protected by our 30-day guarantee, so you can try an ICMP ONLINE course risk-free.