1K Music Fans
Learn how to grow your fanbase and following
About 1K Music Fans
Subject: Music Business
Level: Beginner and above
What if you could build a loyal following and fanbase for your music in six weeks or less? All you need today to make a living from your music today is to have 1,000 True Fans. That’s just 1,000 fans who will buy everything you produce. 1K from Music finally teaches you the music marketing skills you need AND gives you the personalized feedback you want.
1K from Music will take you from your music being ignored to having a loyal fanbase who will buy your albums, go to your gigs and help support your talents. How do we do this? With personalized feedback from an experienced ICMP songwriting teacher.
1K from Music (a.k.a. how to grow your fanbase), has been designed and developed by artist manager and record label owner James Taylor.
Once you have completed this step-by-step, interactive course, you too will know how to build your own following and fanbase using multiple platforms. You’ll learn how to get fans using YouTube, how Facebook marketing works, and how to turn those followers into paying fans using email marketing.
You’ll no longer feel frustrated and ignored as a creative music artist or songwriter. You’ll know how to build your own tribe of loyal fans who will support your creativity.
Imagine what it would feel like to be able to get your music heard by others (while also generating you an income)?
But how do you actually do it? How do you take your brand and REALLY grow it online?
That’s exactly what you’re about to learn on this Experience course. ICMP teaches you to think strategically about how you promote and market you and your music online, we don’t just offer some tricks and tips. It may sound like a cliche, but understanding how each of the different online marketing platforms work will give you an edge.
Music artists and songwriters who are serious about learning the music business must know how to successfully create, plan, campaign and communicate in today’s fast-changing music industry.
This course will increase your fanbase and help you build your music career.
The course author is James Taylor, an innovative music marketing strategist, artist manager and record label owner. You will also be guided through your course with your own ICMP ONLINE music business teacher in the weekly 121 lessons and group classes.
ICMP has been one of the world’s leading providers of contemporary music education for the past 30 years with over 1,000 part-time, degree and masters students studying at its London campus each year. Find out more about ICMP here.
What You’re About To Discover In This Experience Course:
- How to get to your first 1,000 True Fans and build a career in music.
- The 7 steps of successful music marketing that you need to know to to accelerate your music career.
- Learn the 22 marketing laws for musicians to develop your brand.
- How to develop your core promotion skills as a musician, songwriter or music entrepreneur, including harnessing direct to fan relationships!
- Build your promotional skills with our weekly assignments to enhance your musical success.
- Never lack for an audience that wants to buy everything your release.
- Be able to set up a Facebook marketing campaign to grow your following on the world’s most popular social network.
- Learn the six keys to successful Facebook marketing so that you can develop a loyal following.
- The step-by-step framework that James uses create inexpensive Facebook Ad campaigns for album releases, tours and other music projects.
- Discover how to effortlessly discover your ideal fan type.
- How to quickly and easily execute on the Facebook contests and giveaways to build your email list.
- How to build views and subscribers on YouTube.
- Using YouTube Ad campaigns to launch albums and tours.
- How to optimise your YouTube videos to increase discovery and engagement.
- Assessing new social networks for music to not waste time doing things that don’t bring in new fans.
- How most artists use Twitter in the wrong way.
- Setting up your email lists and segmentation.
- Automating your email campaigns to fans, promoters, media and music supervisors.
- Creating your first email marketing campaign
- How to take a fan up the fan ladder from prospect to true fan.
Module 1: Music Marketing
- Lesson 1: 1,000 True Fans
- Lesson 2: Fan Ladder
- Lesson 3: Direct to Fan
- Lesson 4: Music Marketing Wheel
- Lesson 5: 7 Steps of Successful Music Marketing
- Lesson 6: Marketing Laws for Musicians
- Lesson 7: Music Marketing Funnel
- Lesson 8: One Page Promotional Plan
- Lesson 1: Creating the Home Base
- Lesson 2: The Importance of Email
- Lesson 3: Strategies for Growing Your Email List
- Lesson 4: Lead Magnets and 3 Free Tunes
- Lesson 5: Optin Forms and Landing Pages
- Lesson 6: Setting Up Your Lists
- Lesson 7: Automated Email Campaigns
- Lesson 8: Your First Campaign
Module 3: Facebook for Musicians (Organic)
- Lesson 1: Six Keys to Facebook Marketing
- Lesson 2: Branding Your Facebook Page
- Lesson 3: Setting Up Your Facebook Page
- Lesson 4: Facebook Pages Navigation
- Lesson 5: Facebook Insights
- Lesson 6: Facebook Graph Search
- Lesson 7: Strategies for Growing Your Fanbase
- Lesson 8: Facebook Experiments
Module 4: Facebook for Musicians
- Lesson 1: Creating Inexpensive Facebook Ad Campaign
- Lesson 2: How To Spend Your First $100 on Facebook
- Lesson 3: Contests and Giveaways
- Lesson 4: Managing Your Facebook Page
- Lesson 5: Promoting Your Live Shows on Facebook
Module 5: YouTube for Musicians (Organic)
- Lesson 1: Why Promote On YouTube
- Lesson 2: How To Create and Build Your YouTube Channel
- Lesson 3: How To Brand Your YouTube Channel
- Lesson 4: YouTube Programming Strategy
- Lesson 5: YouTube Calls To Action
- Lesson 6: Optimizing YouTube Videos
- Lesson 7: Building Your YouTube Tribe
- Lesson 8: YouTube Scheduling
Module 6: YouTube for Musicians
- Lesson 1: Promoting Your Songs On YouTube
- Lesson 2: How To Spend Your First $100 On YouTube
- Lesson 3: Twitter for Musicians
- Lesson 4: Assessing New Platforms
- Lesson 5: Next Steps
YOUTUBE FOR MUSICIANS
In this video James Taylor cover how to get your music discovered on YouTube.
YOUTUBE MARKETING CASE STUDY
In this video James Taylor continues with the subject of how building your fanbase using YouTube.
MUSIC MARKETING FAQ
In this video James Taylor answer some of the most frequently asked questions on promoting your music.
Personalised 1-on-1 online instruction
1st August 2016 Enroll Now
- Private personalized 1-on-1 video lessons with an ICMP teacher.
- Personalized lesson plan
- 6 Week online course including HD videos and support materials
- Live online group workshops with your fellow students
- Student discussion forum
- Download all course materials
- Completion certificate
James Taylor is an innovating marketing strategist who advises leading technology, publishing, online education, music and media brands internationally. Artists and brands James has worked with or advised include Sony Entertainment, Universal, Yamaha, BMG, Bang & Olufsen, Deacon Blue, Martin Taylor (Jeff Beck, Stephane Grappelli), Billy Cobham (Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock), Luis Conte (Madonna, Phil Collins), Tommy Emmanuel (Eric Clapton, Chet Atkins), John Patitucci (Chick Corea, Wynton Marsalis), Bryan Sutton (Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift), and Nathan East (Michael Jackson, Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder). In addition to holding a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) James has studied marketing and innovation at the Richard Ivey Business School.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Over the 30 years we have been teaching, we have earned a reputation for quality, excellence and success. Your investment is protected by our 30-day guarantee, so you can try an ICMP ONLINE course risk-free.
Charles Alexander, Jazzwise